I grew up seeing my parents who were missionaries sharing the gospel with others and how it changed our lives and others. Since my childhood, I tasted and experienced how it was to take that walk of faith and trust God in everything. He took care of all our needs even when the sea was rough because we knew Jesus was in our boat. So I knew how important it was to share the gospel with my friends so that they don’t go into eternal hell. My heart was so burdened for them.
My best friend Saroja who was with me from my 1st Std to 3rd Std was an asthmatic patient. She used to frequently get bouts of asthmatic attacks. I could not bear to see hear suffering through like this. She was undergoing so much of treatment without any result. One day during one of the class she suddenly got asthmatic attack following which teachers had to admit her to hospital. I was not allowed to meet her and it ached my heart and so I prayed for her there and then on the stairs of my school to heal her. Next day when I went to school I thought since she was in the hospital she might not come to school, but to my surprise, I saw her and I was so overjoyed to see her. I asked her how she was and she said she got fine the very previous day itself. She said she felt so better and healed. I thanked and praised God for that moment. I shared the gospel with her and told her that Jesus had healed her and once again I held her hands and prayed for her giving thanks to Jesus for her deliverance. She wanted to know more about Jesus, so I started sharing stories which I learned in my Sunday School with her. Since that day she never got an asthmatic attack. After two years, when we were in 3rd Std, we were going get transferred to another place. I wanted her to continue knowing about Jesus so I took a New Testament Bible for her and in that, I enclosed a letter of two A4 size page to her parents. I was afraid that they would throw or tear it away so I wrote a letter for them.
But they accepted and gladly started reading it. They started praying and reading the Bible. Once they met me also after school and thanked me for the Bible.
This was the first time I had shared the gospel. I haven’t met her since my third Std but I still keep praying for her family in my heart.
Remember that the times are near, share the gospel with people around you, lest you be held responsible for not sharing the gospel with others.
Below are verses from Bible which speaks of sharing the gospel. Let’s read and reread these verses so that it always remains in our heart.
- Mark 16: 15 “And He said to them, ‘Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.’”
- Matthew 24:14 “And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.”
- Psalms 96:3 “Declare His glory among the nations, His wonders among all peoples.”
- Revelation 14:6-7 “Then I saw another angel flying in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach to those who dwell on the earth—to every nation, tribe, tongue, and people— saying with a loud voice, ‘Fear God and give glory to Him, for the hour of His judgment has come; and worship Him who made heaven and earth, the sea and springs of water.’”
- Matthew 28:19-20 “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
I pray that may these verses touch and encourage you to share the gospel with others.